BPWA in the News
- 36 Hours in Berkeley, Calif. (New York Times, October 12, 2014)
- Berkeley Path Wanderers co-founder helps blaze trail on city walkways (Inside Bay Area, September 3, 2014)
- Berkeley’s Newest Public Pathway is named for Betty Olds (Berkeleyside, January 13, 2014)
- All the Berkeley paths in 1 day: 11- and 12-year-olds (Berkeleyside, January 6, 2014)
- Charlie Bowen Honored for Work on Berkeley’s Paths (Berkeleyside, October 12, 2012)
- Berkeley Path Wanderers Invade Kensington (Kensington Outlook, November 2011)
- Podcast “Urban Stairs of the Bay Area” (KQED Forum, July 22, 2011)
Listen to BPWA’s President Colleen Neff and authors Adah Bakalinsky and Charles Fleming chat with Dave Iverson.
- Pedestrian Pathways (The New York Times, July 2, 2011)
- Pros and Amateurs gather for photowalks (Contra Costa Times, April 6, 2011)
- Local Takes a Step to Beautify City (Daily Californian, March 10, 2011)
- Hiking Groups and Trail Organizations: Trail of 4 Cities (examiner.com, October 23, 2010)
- Berkeley’s 100th pathway opens for foot traffic (Berkeleyside, July 19, 2010)
- Blogger Explores City One Step at a Time (Daily Californian, September 18, 2009)
- BHR Agents Maintain Pathways in the Berkeley Hills (Berkeley Hills Realty Blog, June 11th, 2008)
- Volunteers Work to Restore Berkeley Paths (Daily Californian, April 8, 2008)
- 36 Hours in Berkeley, Calif. (New York Times, March 30, 2008)
We are mentioned in Item 4, entitled INTO THE WILD, where our map is suggested for walking in Berkeley.
- First Person: Berkeley Paths (Berkeley Daily Planet, January 22, 2008)
- Path Wanderers Leave No Carbon Footprint (Berkeley Daily Planet, January 15, 2008)
- Walking Every Street in Berkeley (Berkeley Daily Planet, January 15, 2008)
- Berkeley: City’s rocks and strolls (San Francisco Chronicle, November 18, 2005)
- BERKELEY / Hills alive with paths aplenty (San Francisco Chronicle, March 7, 2005)
- Berkeley: Teams restoring paths one step at a time (San Francisco Chronicle, July 23, 2004)
- Discover Berkeley’s network of pedestrian pathways (Berkeley Daily Planet, July 6, 2002)
- All paths lead through Berkeley (Berkeley Daily Planet, July 3, 2002)
Planning a Trip?
Not about us, but a nice article on a few of the celebrated paths in Los Angeles. This piece is from the Los Angeles Times. You may wish to try a few of these stairways the next time you are in the City of Angels.